I am joining the challenge and answering these questions as well…
1. What is your favorite word and why?
‘Mommy’ I hear that spoken by any child anywhere and I turn around by instinct. And then I immediately think about both of my girls. Those two own my heart.
2. What is your least favorite word and why?
‘Hate’ there really is no need for it. Mankind as a whole should unlearn that whole way of thinking.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally and why?
An expression of intense passion in a controversial idea. Whether it is one I agree with or not. One can always tell if an opinion has been well thought over and is of the speaker/writer’s own mind. A person who is unafraid to speak their own mind rather than always following a herd when they don’t understand the path of the herd lose all my respect. And so do those who do not speak up for their convictions. But those who do always light a fire in me.
4. What turns you off and why?
Bigotry, misogyny, racism; basically any human being feeling superior for the sole condition of entitlement. Those are the smallest human beings on the planet. God created us all in his image. We were all born to be who we are to be. A person has no right to look down on another person purely because of the shell they inhabit. We have to earn our own place in this world; that even doesn’t give us the right to look out over and above others on a different path.
5. What is your favorite color and why?
Green. Specifically celadon.
6. What sound or noise do you love and why?
My children laughing together.
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
My children being angry and mean to each other. And their crying.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Writer/ public speaker
9. What profession would you not like to do?
CPS Social Worker or Police Officer. I know there are stories out there worse than the imagination and I don’t want to know them.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Good job, Christine. I knew we kept you there for good reason!
11. If you could meet and and spend time with one person in history who would it be and why?
My Grandmom Goldy. I think she and I may be very similar. I would love to know more details of her life.
12. If you had to pick one object to represent your mental health what would it be and why?
The metal: Gold. Somewhat malleable and a hot mess when at a melting point but when it is well treated, cooled and shiney nothing can compare to its appearance and no one doubts its authenticity.
13. What smell or taste do you love and why?
Lavender. It calms me and reminds me of feeling safe and loved at my Grandmom O’Hagan’s when I was young.
14. What smell or taste do you hate and why?
Coconut Water. Yuck.
15. If you were the child in the picture above what would you be thinking? I see no child…